Wednesday, December 3, 2014

Weekend Adventures, Take 4

Hello!

& it's December....it's gotten sooo cold in Paris lately! I feel like it was fall two days ago and now we're in the middle of winter.. Minus the snow, which I never thought I would miss. (Vermont probs..)  I spent the past weekend in Amsterdam, which was unreal! It was like a whole other world over there. Colored, brick buildings lined the canals and people rode bikes all over - I had major anxiety in the cabs, thinking we were going to hit someone every 2 seconds. My favorite part was the Anne Frank house... it was so surreal and heavy. The craziest part was seeing the actual bookshelf that concealed her family's hiding spot. We also saw her bedroom, where there were original posters on the wall, that were given to Anne by her father. One of my favorite things in life is being somewhere, where important history has occurred. It baffles me that I can be in the same spot as someone who is so important to history, even if they didn't know it at the time.

Here are some more highlights of Amsterdam! :


Me straddling the "a" in the Amsterdam sign  


One of the many beautiful canals - Amsterdam has over 1,500 bridges!


Another canal pic :)


Where you can purchase marijuana like cigarettes 


One thing Amsterdam is known for.. their delicious pancakes. 


A taste of home :)



I have a quick fun fact of the day for you:
To see every piece of art in the Louvre, you would have to look at everything for 4 seconds each, 6 days a week, 10 hours a day, for 4 years straight!!!


Hope you're enjoying the start to this lovely season... I know I am! 

Until next time,

Gail








No comments:

Post a Comment