Sunday, November 23, 2014

Weekend Adventures; Take 3

Ciao!!

I figured I would blog now about my lovely weekend in Venice before my week gets hectic here in Paris! To put it in one word... Venice was amazing. Even before coming, it baffled my mind that a city could be built completely on water - but actually being there was something else. I especially loved how peaceful it was without the noisiness of cars driving around. All of the buildings were brightly colored and looked 100 years old.. laundry was out to air dry in-between streets, and gelato stores were at every corner. Don't even get me started on the food... I ate my weight in pasta and pizza. Here are the highlights!!


What the streets looked like :)



Laundry out to air dry - reminding me of the simplistic lifestyle that I envy 


There was a big stretch of pier facing the water and the other islands, that was gorgeous to walk along at the end of the night with the sunset in the background


Of course I had to get a gelato.. I ate it in like 2 min 


Me & kelly on our romantic gondola ride.. <3 


The view from the gondola!! 


I am still very confused/intrigued on how the men who operate the gondola's keep their balance and don't fall in the water 


Dinner - Pasta with tomatoes and basil :) soooo good 



Our drink of choice for this fine weekend... Prosecco :)

Overall, it was an amazing weekend with a lot of laughs and great food! Can't wait for Amsterdam next weekend!

Until next time, 
Gail 
















No comments:

Post a Comment