Sunday, October 5, 2014

Bonjour! I have only been in Paris for two days and I am already in love... between the laid back Parisian lifestyle, the cafe lined streets, and all of the old architecture, I just can't help but fall completely in love with this place. Oh and I'm in a cafe and there's a cat wandering around near me so obviously I am very happy about that... Before our arrival, we took the TGV (high speed train) from Cannes. Although I was half asleep the whole 5 hours, the views were amazing as we sped through the French countryside. It reminded me a lot of Ireland - green, untouched land expanding for miles, cows and sheep basking in the sun, and beautiful old homes that made you wonder what their interior looked like. It was really cool and surreal to witness a completely different lifestyle apart from mine. As I sat there, enjoying a delicious baguette filled with ham and cheese, it began to really hit me that I was headed for Paris and how fortunate I was to have this experience/opportunity.


Kelly & Renata sleeping on the train 


Beautiful French countryside

Upon our arrival in France, we then gathered our luggage and I was reminded of how much I packed... lovely. We decided to spend our first night out at a restaurant, famous for its portions, menu, and lively atmosphere. Not only was the food amazing, but as I looked around, I realized no one was on their phones. Rather, they were wrapped up in their conversations and simply enjoying the moment - something I think our generation severely lacks. It was definitely a great way to spend our first night and a lovely introduction to the next 2 months of my life! 


My delicious/huge meal; potatoes, eggs, salad, cheese, tomatoes & prosciutto = YUM. 
oh, and a shared bottle of wine :) 



On our Sunday, we decided to wander around and explore our new home. When I say I cried seeing the Eiffel Tower.. I am not lying. Seeing it in person was so surreal. I can't even imagine what it looks like at night!! I am eager and excited to begin classes and explore even more of Paris!

Au revoir for now! 










No comments:

Post a Comment